This course is available to anyone in any form of leadership role, voluntary or paid, in any organisation connected to the Lutheran Church of Australia.
In Australia and New Zealand, our countries have done a great job navigating through COVID-19 so far. The church has been impacted in a range of ways, with most of us leading those we serve through the biggest crisis we have ever experienced.
This course has been designed for church leaders within the Lutheran Church of Australia. It will provide both a support forum and content to help leaders to serve well in a crisis. It has been especially produced due to COVID-19.
'Leading Through Crisis' will cover:
- Defining a Crisis and Communicating in a Crisis
- Battling Distractions and Maintaining Focus in a Crisis
- The Revealing and Building of Character in a Crisis
- Being a 'Servant Leader' in a Crisis
Date: 29 May, 5, 12 & 19 June 2020
Time: One hour per week, 10am or 2pm ACST session available
Where: Held over Zoom (link will be emailed to you after you have signed up)
Cost: $40pp, fundraiser for Lutheran Community Care
Benefits to pastors, congregational leaders and church workers
Participation in this course will provide an opportunity for you to:
- Pause and reflect
- Gain insight and support from fellow leaders throughout the LCA
- Gain fresh perspective and tools you can implement from world-leading leadership material
- Help you serve your community
- Support Lutheran Community Care's efforts to support those most affected in our society
About Pastor Chris Mann
Chris Mann is the pastor representative on the board of Lutheran Community Care. He currently serves at Mawson Lakes Community Church and Endeavour College. Chris has a Cert IV in TAE, BMin and BTH, is DISC Level 2 Certified and a Certified Speaker, Trainer and Coach with The John Maxwell Team. As time allows outside of ministry and family life, Chris provides workshops, training, and coaching for a variety of organisations in leadership, communication, teamwork, and personal development.