The Financial Counselling, Capability and Wellbeing program assists all people in financial difficulty by helping them to address their financial problems, make informed choices and build longer-term capability to budget and manage their money.
The hub offers a range of services:
Financial counsellors are available to assist clients:
- Resolve personal financial difficulties and access other sources of support
- Help clients improve their ability to manage their financial affairs
- Work with clients to increase their capability to make informed decisions to resolve personal financial difficulties
- Advocate on behalf of clients concerning debts and other financial issues
Financial capability workers provide:
- Financial literacy, education and support
- Deliver one-on-one budgeting support
- Client centered financial literacy workshops
- Referrals to other support services
Financial literacy sessions are client driven and cater for the needs and requests of the participants. Individual or group sessions are available and cover topics such as day-to-day money management, banking, including internet and phone banking, payday loans, rental goods, scams and anything else participants want to know.
Emergency Relief is available to clients who are experiencing financial distress or hardship and have limited means or resources to help them alleviate their financial crisis.
Assistance is offered in the form of:
Emergency Relief operates Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 12.00pm.
Services are available to all people in Alice Springs, Alice Springs Town Camps and to 33 remote communities in the MacDonnell and Central Desert Shires.
All hub services are free, non-discriminatory and all inclusive.
For more information, or to make an appointment to see a financial counsellor or financial capability worker, contact us at:
55a Gap Road
Alice Springs NT 0870
PO Box 3469
Alice Springs NT 0871
Tel: 08 8953 5160 Fax: 08 8953 1458
Lutheran Care receives funding from the Department of Social Services (DSS) to provide money management services in the Northern Territory.