What are Community Hubs?
Community Hubs are safe and welcoming places for all members of the community to connect, share and learn with each other. While Community Hubs are for everyone, specific programs and support services are tailored for migrant women and children as the primary client group.
The hubs provide services to connect families with each other and their school, engage families with existing services, support English language skills and pathways to employment, and support parents engaging with their children in early learning and development.
Where are the Hubs?
Lutheran Care is supporting Community Hubs at the following schools:
- Paralowie R-12 School (Whites Rd, Paralowie)
- Para Vista Primary School (351 Montague Rd, Para Vista)
- Salisbury Primary School (10 Compuda St, Salisbury)
- St Augustine's Parish School (25 Commercial Rd, Salisbury)
- Karrendi Primary School (15 Bradman Rd, Parafield Gardens)
- St Brigid's School (45 Way St, Kilburn)
- Playford College (24 Durrington Road, Elizabeth)
- St Mary Magdalene School (82 Fairfield Road, Elizabeth Grove)
- Pinnacle College Elizabeth east campus (10 Anderson Street, Elizabeth East)
- Elizabeth Vale Primary School (Rollison Rd, Elizabeth Vale)
We would be delighted to facilitate a visit to a Community Hub near you throughout the year.
For more information about LC Community Hubs in South Australia, call 8269 9300.
You can also keep in touch by signing up to our mailing list. We will keep you up to date with what's happening at the hubs, including information about programs and timetables for 2021.
What Happens in Hubs?
Support for mums
Laughter and learning
Early learning & development
Adult English classes
Computer skills classes
Referrals to local services
Vocational pathway training