In Central Australia, Lutheran Community Care (LCC) operates a Financial Services Hub which provides a financial literacy program, emergency relief and financial counselling to Alice Springs, including town camps and remote communities within the Central Australian service area.
The Trainer/Mentor will help people to make informed choices about their financial position, build longer-term capabilities to budget and manage their money and provide emergency relief to clients in need.
- Provide one on one budget support to individuals to help determine their financial situation and assess their needs
- Provide emergency relief services for clients who present in crisis
- Link clients to other services such as financial counselling, family support services, counselling, etc.
- Work with the Community Development Coordinator to present non-accredited community education workshops that upskill participants with money management skills
- Encourage clients to stay motivated and monitor their progress
- Undertake extensive travel throughout Central Australia with overnight stays in a range of accommodation. Some travel may require driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances
All Trainer Mentors must have completed a Certificate III in Community Services Work (or higher) or have evidence that they are currently working towards this qualification. Trainer Mentors will need to complete three financial literacy education units in addition to their Diploma or Certificate and LCC will link staff with training in this space if not already completed.
You will also require a National Police Clearance, an NT Ochre Card for working with children and young people and a current and unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence. Please refer to the Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities.
LCC Level 3
Full-time position, although part-time requests will be considered
For further information contact:
Elke Helten, Financial Services Manager
08 8953 5160
To apply please provide a Cover Letter detailing your claims against the position and your Resume to Elke Helten by COB 1 November 2020.
Applications close Sunday Nov 1 2020 at 5pm