Elcies Disability Care are looking for a dynamic person who will take the lead charge in our PBS business, building the service, attracting clients, and recruiting staff. You will be providing valuable oversight of specialist developmental assessments and intervention programs to address complex issues for people living with disabilities. You will also communicate, coach and foster relationships between the people we support, their families and the EDC employees providing support to contribute to positive outcomes for our clients.
This position is perfect for a leader who wants to make their mark in an organisation, bringing your enthusiasm to develop systems which work for you, staff and the client as well as your commitment to best outcomes for clients.
Tertiary qualifications in Allied Health (Psychology, Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Developmental Educator, Social Work) or related disciplines, and a full drivers licence and vehicle are essential for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties Specific to the Role:
- Provide high quality, culturally appropriate behaviour support services to people with a disability who have a specific support need.
- Complete functional behaviour assessments and develop Positive Behaviour Support Plans in consultation with clients, advocates/family and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide sound leadership to practitioners within the EDC PBS program and Lutheran Care.
- Ensure PBS practice principles are applied with an eye to detail for report submissions to the Commission.
- Provide regular supervision to a team of Behaviour Support Practitioners.
- Identify and develop key strategic relationship networks to achieve goals, and improve outcomes for clients and service delivery methods.
- Deliver client centred, strengths based Case Management.
Please refer to the attached position description for full responsibilities and duties.
Senior Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner
- LC Level 6
- Contract until 30/06/2022
- Part Time – 0.6 FTE (22.8 hours per week)
- Based at The Precinct (Smithfield Plains) – travel to other locations as requested
Applications close Wednesday Sep 22 2021 at 5:00pm