This is a new and exciting opportunity to lead the development of LCC’s Schools Engagement Project by enhancing our engagement with school communities.
This project aims to:
- Develop new partnership opportunities with schools in South Australia, with a particular focus on Lutheran schools
- Promote, develop and extend fee-for-service opportunities in relation to LCC services within schools and potentially other Lutheran agencies (e.g. ALC, LCA SA/NT Department for Lay Ministry etc)
- Develop a business model that identifies and maps potential opportunities, options and strategies for future engagement with selected schools
- Connect with Lutheran schools through speaking engagements and increase service learning opportunities
You will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Services, Education, or other relevant field
- An understanding of the work of LCC and the services we deliver
- An understanding and working knowledge of school environments
- High level of interpersonal skills in dealing with people and different organisations at a range of levels
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Able to operate independently as a specialist employee in situations representing a range of LCC programs and activities
- Strong ability to collect data and information, scope new services and produce report within a restricted time frame
While the position is office based, travel to schools and other LCC sites is required. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Drivers Licence and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel).
Please refer to the attached Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities.
Lutheran Community Care is committed to providing a child safe environment therefore you will require a valid DHS Working With Children Check, a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate and a Responding to Abuse & Neglect certificate.
Schools Project Officer
LCC Level 4
Part-time FTE 0.4
Six month contract
Preferred location is Sefton Park but this is negotiable
For further information contact:
Helen Schulz, Development Director
Applications for this position should include a Cover Letter, Resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria within the Job Description. Email your application to Helene Schulz by COB 17 February 2020.
Applications close Monday Feb 17 2020 at 5pm