The Respite Coordination Project is a proof of concept project aimed at providing a more connected and coordinated respite service to existing foster carers. The aim of this project is to consider how respite can be managed better to meet the needs of children in care and provide quality support to families.
The Respite Project Coordinator is responsible for case management to the respite only households of LC and is responsible for coordinating placement matching for respite referrals.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide advocacy and support for an average of 16 active respite only foster families through case management.
- Maintain regular contact with foster carers by telephone, email and home visits.
- Maintain up-to-date accurate case notes.
- Work alongside the Placement Coordinator for the purpose of matching respite referrals and placement of children with registered Foster Carers as required.
- Maintain the required records for children in placement with LC foster carers.
- Assist as necessary the LC Assessment Team to conduct thorough, competency-based foster carer assessments using the Step By Step assessment tool and process.
- Provide information to foster care applicants on training requirements and schedules
For further details about the role, please refer to the attached job description.
Respite Project Coordinator
- LC Level 4
- Full Time
- Contract until 30/06/2021 – extension subject to funding
For further information;
Contact: Deborah Whitelock – Operations Manager – Foster Care Services
Tel: 08 8337 8787
Applications close Sunday Mar 28 2021 at 5pm