This role is a short term contract until 30 September 2021.
As a Parent Educator you will work in partnership with other agencies across our funded regions to deliver group programs. In addition to this you will have the scope to deliver support to individuals or couples around their parenting concerns.
In this role you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in social, behavioural or educational sciences e.g. counselling, social work, psychology
- Demonstrated experience in community education, specifically parenting education
- Demonstrated ability to work in a trauma-informed manner
- Experience working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Excellent networking and collaboration skills
- Training and experience in delivering Circle of Security is highly desirable
- Knowledge of:
- child development and child attachment
- behaviour management.
Please refer to the attached job description for more information.
You will require a Working With Children Check, a current and unrestricted South Australian Drivers Licence and a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel).
- LCC Level 5
- Part-time FTE 0.4
- Fixed term contract until 30 Sept 2021
For further information;
Contact: Robyn Richter – Executive Manager Community Services
- 0408 080 522
Applications close Tuesday Mar 2 2021 at 5pm