We have a new vacancy for Foster Care Case Worker based at our Warradale office.
The Foster Care Case Worker is responsible for providing, assessment, training, support and advocacy for foster carers to achieve highly successful placements and maximise the well-being of children in care.
While the position is office based, travel for regular home visits with foster carers and to other locations for intra and interagency meetings is required.
The aims and objectives of this role include:
- Manage a case load of carer households (1:18 generalist 1:7 specialist)
- Provide case work through assessment, training, support, placement and advocacy.
- Maintain regular contact through telephone, e-mail and home visits as per agency guidelines
- Assist the placement co-ordinators with the process of matching and placement of children with approved foster carers as required.
- Liaise with DCP and other members of the care team to ensure the needs of children in care are met.
- Assist as necessary the LC Assessment team to conduct thorough, competency-based foster carer assessments using the Step By Step assessment tool and process, OR other nominated assessment tools and processes as required.
- Provide information to foster care applicants on training requirements and schedules.
- Assist with planning and facilitating of special events and support group for carers and families
- Conduct annual foster household reviews annual reviews.
For further details, please refer to the attached job description.
Foster Care Case Worker
- LC Level 4
- Full Time (Part Time also offered but Full Time preferred)
For further information contact:
Deborah Whitelock, Operations Manager – Foster Care Services – [email protected] – 8337 8787
Applications close Sunday Oct 17 2021 at 5:00pm