The Foster Care Case Worker is responsible for providing assessment, training, support and advocacy for foster carers to achieve highly successful placements and maximise the well-being of children in care. While the position is office based, travel for regular home visits with foster carers and to other locations for intra and interagency meetings is required.
Lutheran Care is dedicated to stable placements for children and providing quality carer supports to equip and support families to not only meet the needs of the children and young people in their care but to facilitate environments in which they can thrive.
The aims and objectives include:
- Manage a case load of carer households (1:18 generalist 1:7 specialist)
- Provide case work through assessment, training, support, placement and advocacy.
- Assist the placement co-ordinators with the process of matching and placement of children with approved foster carers as required.
- Liaise with DCP and other members of the care team to ensure the needs of children in care are met.
- Assist as necessary the LC Assessment team to conduct thorough, competency-based foster carer assessments using the Step By Step assessment tool and process, OR other nominated assessment tools and processes as required.
- Provide information to foster care applicants on training requirements and schedules.
Please refer to attached position description for further information.
Foster Care Case Worker
- LC Level 4
- Maternity Leave cover – Contract until 3/06/2022
- Full Time
- Based at Gawler
For further information;
Contact: Dawn Oakley – Operations Manager – Foster Care Services
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0439 961 240
Applications close Wednesday Sep 15 2021 at 5:00pm