We are looking for a Foster Care Case worker to join our Foster Care Services, Specialist Care Team. The role involves providing intensive case work support to a caseload of Specialist Care Households. You will require skills and ability to work remotely with limited supervision, undertake travel for regular home visits with foster carers and to other locations for intra and interagency meetings is required, as well as working outside normal office hours.
Our Specialist Care Program offers trauma and attachment informed specialist family-based care to children and young people with complex needs, who require a higher level of care than generalist foster care. This includes children living with complex medical conditions, disability, learning and communication difficulties, and/or pervasive emotional and behaviour regulation challenges. Through comprehensive training, assessment and intensive support tailored to the child’s care needs, our Specialist Care Program equips carer families with the knowledge and skills needed to care for children with complex needs, alongside maintaining their own wellbeing.
It is important to note that although the role will be based at our Sefton Park office, the majority of the case load will be located in the northern suburbs. Therefore, regular travel will be required. The role may also be based at our Gawler office a couple of days per week.
The duties of this role include:
- Manage a case load of carer households.
- Provide case work through assessment, training, support, placement and advocacy.
- Assist with planning and facilitating of special events and support groups for carers and families.
- Conduct annual foster care household reviews and annual reviews.
- Participate in the afterhours on-call rostered support of foster carers.
- Assist the placement co-ordinators with the process of matching and placement of children with approved foster carers as required.
- Conduct thorough, competency-based foster carer assessment reports using the Step By Step assessment tool or an alternative approved assessment tool as directed
Plus much more! Please refer to the attached position description for further information.
Foster Care Case Worker (Specialist Care)
- LC Level 4
- Full Time
- Based at Sefton Park (and Gawler where required)
For further information;
Contact: Deborah Whitelock
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 8337 8787
Applications close Monday Oct 4 2021 at 5:00pm