Foster Care Case Worker (Assessment & Training) based at Glynde.
Foster Care Case Workers (Assessment & Training) assess and train both Generalist, Specific Child Only and Specialist foster families with the view to provide therapeutic families and homes to children and young people.
Lutheran Care is dedicated to stable placements for children and providing quality carer supports to equip and support families to not only meet the needs of the children and young people in their care but to facilitate environments in which they can thrive.
While the position is office based, travel for regular assessment visits with applicants and to other locations for intra and interagency meetings is required as well as some work outside normal office hours. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Drivers Licence and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel).
Lutheran Community Care is committed to providing a child safe environment therefore you will require a valid DHS Working With Children Check and a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate.
The aims and objectives include:
- Manage a case load of carer households
- Provide case work through assessment, training, support, placement and advocacy
- Assist the placement co-ordinators with the process of matching and placement of children with approved foster carers as required
- Assist as necessary the LC Assessment team to conduct thorough, competency-based foster carer assessments using the Step By Step assessment tool and process
- Provide information to foster care applicants on training requirements and schedules
- Respond appropriately to enquiries from potential foster carers
- Assist with planning and facilitating of special events and support group for carers and families
Foster Care Case Worker (Assessment & Training)
- LC Level 4
- Part Time – 0.6 FTE
- 12 month contract until 31/05/2022
For further information;
Contact: Michelle Casey – Operations Manager – Foster Care Services
Tel: 08 8337 8787
Applications close Tuesday Mar 30 2021 at 5pm