In Central Australia, LCC provides a financial literacy program, emergency relief, financial counselling and parenting support in Alice Springs, as well as providing an Intensive Family Support Service (IFSS) at Ntaria (Hermannsburg).
Working from our Alice Springs site you will provide a specialist Financial Counselling service to help people impacted by domestic and/or family violence address their financial problems and make informed choices.
- Have a sound understanding of domestic and family violence and the ability to provide a culturally sensitive and trauma informed service
- An understanding of Central Australian Indigenous culture and the ability to work with people from Indigenous communities
- Provide high level and confidential financial counselling to clients
- Provide advocacy and accurate information regarding financial rights, responsibilities, debt management legislation, credit regulations and consumer finance issues
- Refer clients where appropriate to other services as needed
- Provide community education and build resilience for vulnerable people
- Undertake extensive travel throughout Central Australia with overnight stays in a range of accommodation. Some travel may require driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances
It is essential to hold a Diploma of Community Service (Financial Counselling) and be eligible to become a member of South Australian Financial Counsellors Association for this role. You will also require a National Police Clearance, an NT Ochre Card for working with children and young people and a current and unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence. Please refer to the Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities.
LCC Level 5
For further information contact:
Stuart Smith, Senior Manager Central Australia
08 8953 5160 or 0430 220 556
To apply please provide a cover letter, resume and a statement addressing the responsibilities and duties specific to the role as set out in the job description to Stuart Smith by 2 August 2020.
Applications close Sunday Aug 2 2020 at 5pm