In Central Australia, LCC provide a financial literacy program, emergency relief, financial counselling and playgroups in Alice Springs, as well as providing an Intensive Family Support Service (IFSS) at Ntaria (Hermannsburg).
Working from our Alice Springs site you will provide a professional Financial Counselling service to help people in personal financial difficulty address their financial problems and make informed choices.
- Provide high level and confidential financial counselling to clients
- Provide advocacy and accurate information regarding financial rights, responsibilities, debt management legislation, credit regulations and consumer finance issues
- Refer clients where appropriate to other services as needed
- Provide community education and build resilience for vulnerable people
- Undertake extensive travel throughout Central Australia with overnight stays in a range of accommodation. Some travel may require driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances
It is essential to hold a Diploma of Community Service (Financial Counselling) and be eligible to become a member of South Australian Financial Counsellors Association for this role. You will also require a National Police Clearance, an NT Ochre Card for working with children and young people and a current and unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence. Please refer to the Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities.
LCC Level 5
Full-time position, although part-time requests will be considered
For further information contact:
Elke Helten, Financial Services Manager
08 8953 5160
To apply please provide a Cover Letter detailing your claims against the position and your Resume to Elke Helten by COB 1 November 2020.
Applications close Sunday Nov 1 2020 at 5pm