The Financial Counselling team support people with their personal financial situation to address their financial concerns, make informed choices and to develop capacity to manage their money. They provide advocacy and accurate information including financial rights, responsibilities, debt management legislation, credit regulations and consumer finance issues. Training and support will be provided to the successful applicant. For more information about the role please see the Job Description.
The aims and objectives of this role are to:
- Provide high level and confidential financial counselling to clients
- Work collaboratively with Financial Capability Workers who through education and preparation will assist clients to overcome financial barriers
- Provide advocacy and accurate information regarding financial rights, responsibilities, debt management legislation, credit regulations and consumer finance issues
- Refer clients where appropriate to other services as needed
- Build financial resilience for vulnerable people through information and strategies
This full-time role is classified at LCC Level 4. Although initially funded to 30th June 2021 while we monitor the effectiveness of this new strategy, we are hopeful the role will be ongoing and further contract extensions may be available.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Karen Hoffensetz with any questions. You will require a Working With Children Check and a current and unrestricted South Australian Drivers Licence and a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel).
For further information:
Contact: Karen Hoffensetz, Manager Financial Services
Tel: 08 8269 9300
To apply please provide a Resume and a Cover Letter addressing your claims against the selection criteria to Karen Hoffensetz by COB Monday 7 December 2020.
Applications close Monday Dec 7 2020 at 5pm