An exciting opportunity exists for a Financial Capability Worker to join Lutheran Care’s Financial Capability and Wellbeing team in Alice Springs, NT.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will primarily be responsible for helping people to make informed choices about their financial position, building long-term capabilities to budget and manage their money and providing emergency relief to clients in need.
The role will work predominantly from the Alice Springs office, with some travel to surrounding remote communities. The duties will include:
- Providing one on one budget support to individuals to coach clients in financial literacy
- Determining each client’s financial situation and assess their needs
- Assist families at risk of homelessness to manage their finances and household expenses to retain their accommodation
- Ensure clients are referred to appropriate support services and maintain an up to date contact list of referral sources
- Monitor and review Case/Action Plans with clients to support and encourage great self-reliance.
There may be occasional day trips and week long trips from Monday to Friday, arriving back in Alice Springs on weekends.
For further details, please refer to the attached job description and link below.
For further information;
Contact: Mary Ryan, Senior Manager
Email: [email protected]
To apply, please email your resume to: [email protected]
Applications close Monday May 31 2021 at 5pm