Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is seeking a part time Counsellor to deliver services to women and children from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse background under our Specialised Family Violence Program.
As a Family Violence Counsellor you will provide professional counselling, group work and education services in the Murray Bridge region.
You will need;
- A tertiary qualification in social, behavioural or educational sciences e.g. counselling, social work, psychology
- Significant experience in therapeutic counselling
- Demonstrated ability to work in a trauma-informed manner
- Experience working with people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background
- Knowledge of:
- theory, practice and values of therapeutic counselling
- Family Violence, particularly in the context of CALD families and communities
- child development, child protection
- community development
- relevant community services.
You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Drivers Licence and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel).
Please refer to the attached Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities. Your cover letter must include your experience in counselling, domestic violence work and working with CALD women and communities.
Lutheran Community Care is committed to providing a child safe environment therefore you will require a valid DHS Working With Children Check and a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate.
Family Violence Counsellor
LCC Level 5
Part-time FTE 0.4
For further information:
Contact: Rachel Friebel, Manager – Family and Relationship Services
Tel: 0417 735 602
To apply please provide a Cover Letter, Selection Criteria Response and a current Resume to Rachel Friebel by 4 December 2020.
Applications close Friday Dec 4 2020 at 5pm