Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is seeking a part time Family Relationships Practitioner to be an integral part of our Family and Relationship Service team.
As a Family Relationships Practitioner you will provide professional counselling and education services to individuals, couples and families within the community. Lutheran Community Care’s counsellors are able to work with different aspects of a person’s experience, including emotional wellbeing, spirituality and relationships. The service is open to people of all ages and backgrounds and includes:
- Individual counselling for issues such as personal concerns, crisis, depression, guilt, fear, anger, loss and grief, abuse and domestic violence
- Preparation for marriage or commitment
- Relationship enrichment
- Marriage and relationship counselling
- Support through separation or divorce
- Assistance to families/parenting support
You will need;
- A tertiary qualification in social, behavioural or educational sciences e.g. counselling, social work, psychology
- Significant experience in relationship and family counselling
- Demonstrated ability to work in a trauma-informed manner with people who have experienced complex trauma
- Knowledge of:
- the theory, practice and values of relationship counselling and/or family therapy
- child development
- family law, family violence, child protection, suicide issues
- relevant community services
While the position is office based, travel to other locations to provide services or for intra and interagency meetings is required. You must hold a current and unrestricted South Australian Drivers Licence and possess a registered roadworthy vehicle available for work use (employees reimbursed for work travel).
Please refer to the attached Job Description for all the duties and responsibilities.
Lutheran Community Care is committed to providing a child safe environment therefore you will require a valid DHS Working With Children Check and a current Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate.
Family Relationships Practitioner
LCC Level 5
Part-time FTE 0.4
For further information contact:
Rachel Friebel, Manager – Family and Relationship Services
0417 735 602
Applications for this position should include a Resume and a Cover Letter addressing your claims against the position. Your Cover Letter must include the number of counselling and supervision hours you have completed to date. Email your application to Rachel Friebel by COB 3 February 2020.
Applications close Monday Feb 3 2020 at 5pm