The brand new role of Children’s Therapeutic Worker delivers specialised therapeutic services and other relevant programs to children and young people in care. The worker also works collaboratively with Case Workers and Foster Carers to ensure that the therapeutic needs of children who are in the Specialist Care program are met, providing advice, information and resources to families and colleagues on therapeutic approaches to play and trauma recovery.
The Children’s Therapeutic Worker is responsible for coordinating and facilitating activities for children and young people throughout the year, particularly during school holidays and special events. The Children’s Therapeutic Worker will work collaboratively with the Therapeutic Support Lead to identify opportunities for specific training and events for carers and children within the Foster Care Programs.
The aims and objectives include:
- Process children’s referrals into specialist services, mapping services for children and identifying gaps in needs provision.
- Provide consultation to case workers regarding therapeutic needs for children and ensuring care needs are met for children with identified specialist needs.
- Provide information and psychoeducation tools to case workers and foster carers on therapeutic care provision to children and young people.
- Provide and facilitate training to develop carers’ knowledge of therapeutic parenting and managing complex behaviours.
- Deliver and facilitate therapeutic playgroups, workshops and programs to suit a range of ages, developmental stages and needs.
- Assist the Support Team in responding to the needs of LC Foster Carers.
For further details, please refer to the attached job description and link provided below. Apply via this LINK.
Therapeutic Worker – Children and Young People
- LC Level 4
- Full Time
For further information;
Contact: Deborah Whitelock
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 8337 8787
Applications close Friday May 21 2021 at 5pm