Our prayers are with those who have been affected by the Pinery bushfires and those still at risk. Our Barossa staff are currently providing emergency support to local families who have lost their homes.
There are also Emergency Relief Centres set up at the Gawler Recreation Centre on Nixon Terrace in Gawler, at the Balaklava Racing Club on Racecourse Road, and the Clare Showgrounds on the Horrocks Highway opposite the caravan park.
If you are able to help, we are asking that you donate to the Lutheran Church of Australia Disaster and Welfare Fund which has been opened to support relief efforts. To donate visit https://donation.lca.org.au/project?id=P21007.
Our Christmas Appeal
Help us bring
to a Child's Christmas
Each year we distribute over 800 Christmas hampers to families in need. By donating you will help us provide:
- Food for families on low incomes at Christmas and in the New Year
- Toys for children to open on Christmas morning
- Support for people who are homeless or at risk of losing their home during the holidays
- Clothes and shoes for people who visit for Emergency Relief
- Personal counselling for those who may be struggling with grief or family breakdown
- Continued support through programs such as financial counselling, parent support groups and children's playgroups.
We need your help to show God's love...
Each December our staff and volunteers work together to help people doing it tough celebrate Christmas.
This year with the help of our generous supporters we hope to provide over 800 hampers in Adelaide and the Barossa Valley.
Are you able to help? Download our Christmas Hamper list....
Updated in 2010 by the South Australian Council of Churches, this handbook was developed as a Christian community response to domestic violence within the community.
It is a 'field manual' of basic information - a reminder to assist those in the church to detect and respond to domestic violence.
Lutheran Community Care is accredited at Certificate Level of the Australian Service Excellence Standards